Friday, September 16, 2011

My Project

This blog/photojournal is to document my exploration of my personal values, in an effort to get better acquainted with gratitude. I'm using the Personal Values cards (W. R. Miller, J. C'de Baca and D.B. Matthews, UNM) found in the attached link. Read about how the cards are used here. The first time I had the cards I sorted them into piles of "Important to me," "Very Important to me" and "Not Important to Me" which was, in itself, a very important exercise (I may label each value that I address here in a similar way). It was evident to me how little I acknowledged my values, and how very important they are to my personal being.

In this blog, I'm going to document an attempt at a Random Act to demonstrate (for myself) each value in the cards. I intend to do this daily, or weekly, or whenever I feel like it. I'll photograph the attempts where I can.  I feel that making a photograph is in itself an act of acknowledging gratitude. I may write a little bit about what I did and what it means to me, in whatever way I'm inspired to do so.

Where certain values are more important to me (like humour), I may elect to do it more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment